Thursday, September 17, 2009

January 27, 1944 letter from Jimmie French Moore to his mother, Elma Rose McLemore Dearman

Dear Mother,

Received the telegram Boy was I worried I came back from the Show and in Runs a Boy and Tell me I have a Telegram I didn't know what to think. I haven't heard from any one else. They told us to have our Bags ready at 7:30 tomorrow don't know where we are going Probable [sic] to another unit for training to wait for our Ship. we may go to new orleans or Texas or California after it or it may be in Boston or new york. If I find out it is in new orleans I will let you know and you all can come to N.O. to see me. I like the Ships like we go on. they have Some thing on them that Really take care of Sub!!!!! I wish you could See them. Did Rudis get the Pictures of the Ships I Sent. or at Least I think I Sent them I address [sic] them and dont know what I did with them. "I was not drinking." we really have good chow up here Better even than Pensacola. I haven't Been up town yet and don't intend to go. I may go to the Hospital for a while up here with my ____ [ears?] I had the Doc. look them over there aren't Bothering me But just to make sure he Says Come Back one day next week it will keep me over here a little Longer but I can't help it. Do you ever See Wilma? She told me you Said, I Said Something about her it is a mix up Somewhere why can't you two get along
I heard Some thing about you if it it [is] true you have Broken your word to me and I would hate to know you hadn't changed after all well will close & wait for ___ ____ So write Soon

Love
Jimmie

(Emphasis mine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment